No-Cost Meals For Students
Braddock Elementary School is participating in the United States Department of Agriculture’s Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) meal program for the first time in the 2018-19 school year.
Some key facts about CEP:
- All students at Braddock Elementary School automatically receive no-cost breakfast and lunch every day of the school year, even if the student would not qualify for free meals.
- Meal service is the same at CEP schools and non-CEP schools; a la carte items are still offered, but are not free. Examples of a la carte items are popcorn, cookies, water, and extra purchases of items which are part of the meal.
- Parents and guardians of students attending CEP schools are still encouraged to submit a free and reduced-price meal application by October 10 in order to qualify the student(s) for additional benefits. The FCPS Consent to Share Information for Other Programs form will continue to be utilized and is included in the free and reduced-price meal application process.
- Any previous cafeteria account balances you may have had from last school year, either positive or negative, have been carried over to this year. In addition, since students must still pay for a la carte items, you will continue to receive notices by email from Food Services when your student’s meal account balance is low.
- Parents and guardians of students attending both non-CEP schools and CEP schools must still submit a household application for the free and reduced-price meal benefit and be approved in order for students in non-CEP schools to receive the free or reduced-price meals benefit.
- Students transferring from Braddock Elementary School to another school within FCPS that is not participating in CEP will need to submit an application for the free and reduced-price meal benefits to Food and Nutrition Services unless the student is eligible for free meals through direct certification.
- Free and reduced-price meal applications may be completed online at https://www.myschoolapps.com/Application, or by submitting a handwritten, paper application. Paper applications must be the original red print forms, which are available at school offices and cafeterias. Copied application forms cannot be accepted.
For more information regarding CEP or free and reduced-price meal applications, visit the FCPS Food and Nutrition Services website at https://www.fcps.edu/node/35992.