The Positivity Project's Mission
- To empower America’s youth to build strong relationships and to understand, appreciate, and exemplify the character strengths in us all.
Here at Braddock:
- Throughout the year, students will gain knowledge about positive psychology’s 24 character strengths through interactive lessons taught by Teachers, every day.
The vision of the Positivity Project at Braddock ES is to create citizens and leaders who will enhance our communities and country by internalizing the belief that “Other People Matter.”
The Positivity Project (P2) is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering students to build strong relationships and to understand, appreciate, and exemplify character strengths in us all. The movement is based in the tenets of Positive Psychology.
The Positivity Project aims to reach 2,000 schools and 1 million students nationwide by 2022.
Every one to two weeks, our students learn about a new character strength. By leveraging Positivity Project resources, provided free of cost, teachers use approximately 10-15 minutes per day to lead a discussion about that week’s strength. Teachers are equipped with resources but encouraged to tailor daily character education to their students’ unique needs.
Teachers are given resources and training on the 24 character strengths.
2018 -2019 Schedule:
- Other People Matter Mindset (September 9-15)
- Curiosity (September 16-22)
- Teamwork (September 23-20)
- Open-Mindedness (September 30-October 6)
- Identifying & appreciating the good in others ( October7-13)
- Integrity (October 14-20)
- Perspective (October 21-26)
- Creativity (October 28- November 3)
- Bravery (November 4-10)
- Gratitude (November 11-17)
- Gratitude (November 18-24)
- Knowing my words & actions affect others (November 25-December 1).
- Kindness (December 2-8)
- Humility (December 9-15)
- Self-Control (December 16-22)
- Wild-card/Make-up (December 30- January 5)
- Perseverance (January 6-12)
- Hope (January 13-19)
- Prudence (January 20-26)
- Supporting others when they struggle (January 27-February 2).
- Social Intelligence (February 3-9)
- Love (February 10-16)
- Wild-Card/Make-up (February 17-23)
- Enthusiasm (February 24-March 2)
- Cheering others’ success (March 3-9)
- Love of Learning (March 10-16)
- Forgiveness (March 17-23)
- Humor (March 31- April 6).
- Being present and giving others my attention (April 7-13)
- Wild-Card/Make-up (April 14-20)
- Appreciation of Beauty & Excellence ( April 21-27)
- Purpose (April 28-May 4)
- Leadership (May 5-11)
- Other People Matter Mindset ( May 12-17)